account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Items missing in appearance -> settings

Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Items missing in appearance -> settings

Hello all,

I purchased two Sony xperia xz premium phones in the same day.
I have completily upgraded and configured the phones in the same way, but i found a difference:
In the setting > aspect one of the phones has six choices (themes, desktop image, grid dimension, winget .... shortcuts).The other phone only two (themes and desktop images).
I would like to create a few shortcuts but in the second phone i dont have this choice.
can someone help me please ?
Many thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Items missing in appearance -> settings

@Grammx try long pressing empty space on your wallpaper, going to Widgets > Shortcuts, and choosing shortcuts you want to add from there. 

Apprentice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi @najodieglejszy

many thanks for the suggestion; I created the shortcut as you indicated to me.

however it is strange that there are no choices in the settings menu.

But now I have another problem: in the lower right corner of the shortcut's icon is missing the account symbol. impossible to understand if the shortcut is of the address book or whatsapp or e-mail ...

In the other phone the symbol is vivible.

Pioneer
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Grammx;

Are you sure both phones have the same update firmware? Because the features you are mentioning only appeared in this last update (47.1.A.12.75). Maybe one of the phones have different costumization firmware and the last update was still not released. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

That's due to the different Xperia home versions. Have you checked if you have signed up for  Xperia home beta at Google+ ? The features you mentioned were introduced later. Check for updates. 

Apprentice
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Firmware and kernel version are the Same.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Sorriy but I do'nt undestand What can I do in google+

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hello everybody

good news!

tomorrow the thumbnails on the shortcut and the choices on the menu are mysteriously appeared.

i did'nt do anything, no update no reboot no new installation.

it's a mystery but I'm happy now. many thanks to everyone for helping!

bye

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Whats chandler syopped working?

Com.sonymobile.chandler stopped working it says and  phone became very slow for sms and contacts...