account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Is there a way to delete multiple messages in a conversation at once?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Is there a way to delete multiple messages in a conversation at once?

Hi all,

There used to be an option to delete multiple messages at once but that seems to have vanished. I really don't want to have to delete messages one by one & I don't want to delete the whole conversation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is there a way to delete multiple messages in a conversation at once?

Hi @Caspermelb!

In the pre-installed Messages application, you can only delete one message at the time, inside a conversation. You can however delete more than one entire conversation if you press and hold on the conversation > tap on a new one > tap the recycle bin to delete them.

If you want to be able to delete several messages in a conversation, I would recommend that you take a look in the Google Play store and see if there are any other messaging applications that can do this!

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Try Signal

It can deal with your SMS too.

Read here and here.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Strampke, that's a good suggestion!

There is also a lot of different messaging application in the Google Play store, although it may take some time to find the perfect one, once you find it, it feels amazing! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.