account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Is FM radio enabled in Sony Xperia XZ Premium?

One time poster
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Is FM radio enabled in Sony Xperia XZ Premium?

Any information regarding FM radio chip enabled or disabled in Sony Xperia XZ premium. If it is not, that's a deal breaker...

24 REPLIES 24
Emperor
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Re: Is FM radio enabled in Sony Xperia XZ Premium?

@aa91

There's no FM radio 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Veteran
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

Correction, the physical radio receiver is there, however Sorry decided to block it on a software level for unknown reason. The low/medium range devices has the radio software enabled, not providing it for high end devices is a huge mistake of Sony mobile. 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

I'm missing the Radio too Slightly frowning Face

Visitor
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

I love the FM radio feature. I'm really hoping Sony will listen to customers. The fm radio is a must for me as I listen to the live footy coverage when I'm at games. Seems silly to take my phone and also a portable fm radio.

Can this be added in a software update down the track???

Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

have you guys trying some FM apps from the store? perhaps the capability is there, but the app isn't preloaded. unfortunately I can't think of any app that actually uses FM, not internet connection, except for Spirit FM which is paid.
Apprentice
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

I tried NextRadio and it doesn't look like FM Radio is enabled.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

One time poster
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

No FM radio on Xperia XZ Premium

Why there is no FM Radio on my Sony Xperia XZ Premium? I just purchased this device 15 days back, for upgrading from my earlier Xperia Z1 Compact, which had FM Radio.
I feel bad.
I WANT IT AND TELL ME HOW I WILL GET IT.

Adept
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

Re: No FM radio on Xperia XZ Premium

@Narendra601:

Here you have a step by step how you can get FM Radio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REzudk6Ckb8

Winking Face

In diesem halbstündigen Video zeige ich euch Schritt für Schritt, wie ihr den Bausatz von Conrad "UKW Retro Radio" erfolgreich zusammenbaut. Es handelt sich sozusagen um ein "Anfänger-für-Anfänger"-Video ... Profis dürften sich akut unterfordert fühlen angesichts meiner Erklärungen. Der Bausatz ...