account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Idle battery drain on Oreo

One time poster
Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: Idle battery drain on Oreo

Hi guy's, when I first updated to Android O my battery was better than ever but it soon developed the same problem here with excessive usage even when not being used (used to get up to three days now one). I have now  FIXED the issue. With the android O Update came Google assistant which I activated not long after updating and that's when the battery problem started. I disabled Google assistant yesterday and charged my phone and no more battery problems, I noticed an immediate difference as soon as I disabled it and overnight my phone used 1% battery instead of up to 6% and I've been using my phone regularly all day and only used 15% in the past 20hrs. Hope this helps everyone with the same problem. 

Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

Glad you found a solution. For my part turning off all Google on day one of any new phone is priority. Some things I use and need such as Gmail, Playstore, Maps, but that's about it. I wonder how many people are using Android phones and have no idea how many Google security settings there are that must be altered from the default state in order to have a semblance of security at all. Just Google it and you will see! (Ironic no?)

One time poster
Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

I have experienced similar problem. Extensive battery drain and the phone says a big part of it is from the phone being idle. Yesterday the battery went from 100 to 88 % in the morning, the only thing I did was snoozing the alarm. But the alarm was not showing up on the list of apps using battery.  Not sure if it happened right after oreo though. What I did last night was to shut down AVG Porotection. I have seen it running in the background for a while, and that is not because of me, but something Sony has done. It seems better for the moment. 

Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

Absolutely, without a doubt, the first thing everyone needs to do is DISABLE AVG! Unless you frequent nasty web sites on a regular basis there is NO NEED for any anti virus software to run on an Android phone. I no longer even have AVG installed on my phone. I do not remember though if it was uninstalled using ADB commands, or if I was able to uninstall it locally from within the settings? Either way it can be removed permanently.

Learner
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

I was having the same problem and i cleaned(deleted it) the system cache and all my Google apps caches and disabled wifi scanning and Google location tracking activities and it made a big difference, Hope it helps 

Highlighted
Sage
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

How do you clean the system cache in Oreo?