account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't send any MMS to anyone

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: I can't send any MMS to anyone

Hi @Pasi3, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Is this something that you have started to experience very recently or have you not been able to send MMS messages for a while? I would also like to know if you are able to receive a MMS or not.

To start with, download the Internet settings in your device, they also include the settings for MMS. To do that, go to Settings > Network and Internet > Internet Settings > Accept. When they have been downloaded and installed, restart your device and send a MMS to your own number so we can see if you both are able to send and receive it.

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

7 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @Pasi3, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Is this something that you have started to experience very recently or have you not been able to send MMS messages for a while? I would also like to know if you are able to receive a MMS or not.

To start with, download the Internet settings in your device, they also include the settings for MMS. To do that, go to Settings > Network and Internet > Internet Settings > Accept. When they have been downloaded and installed, restart your device and send a MMS to your own number so we can see if you both are able to send and receive it.

Let me know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Still isn't working 😢

Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I still can't send any MMS or receive any MMS 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi again!

@Pasi3, sorry to hear that. Slightly frowning Face

Have you tried enabling mobile data and see if you are able to send MMS when you have enabled this? There has been a small change in Android 8.0 (Oreo) that can require you to have mobile data activated to send or receive MMS, depending on your operator.

If you still can't send or receive MMS after enabling mobile data, please try with a different or new SIM card in your device. You can always ask a friend, family member or a colleague if you can borrow theirs for a short while!

@Phyxperia0, if you have already downloaded the Internet settings in your device, try enabling mobile data and see if there is any change! You can also try with a different SIM card or a different messaging application! Slightly smiling Face

Keep me posted!

Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I have reset as instructions but still not sending or receiving mms

I purchased the phone last saturday and only found out that no mms function wednesday

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

problem solved

the access point was not setup when I setup the phone for the first time

thankyou for your assisstance

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi again @JBD2!

That's really good news and I'm glad to hear that it's working now! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else and have an awesome weekend!