account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

I can't get the VoLte to work

Learner
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

I can't enable volte

I bought xperia xz premium from Oman. I even flashed it to Indian firmware. Still I can't find the enable volte slider. 

Pioneer
Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

Re: I can't enable volte

Make sure you carrier supports VoLTE. You may need to get a new SIM. Anyway ask your carrier first.

One time poster
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

Chinese carrier's VOLTE support for Hong Kong firmware

Pls add VOLTE support for Mainland China carriers in Hong Kong's firmware : ).

Talent
Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

Re: Volte update

These instructions will allow you to use Verizon Wireless service on the Sony XZ Premium G8141, G8142 F8331 or F8332 models. .There are 2 long threads about getting Verizon to work on the XZ but are not too descriptive so I decided to make these instructions. At the moment, only LTE data ...
Apprentice
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

Re: Volte update

Same problem in my Xperia z5 Compact, got a new Sim card to fix it, but no good.

Getting tired of all advices ending with "drag the slider to enable Volte" 

There IS NO SLIDER for Volte! Make me think that Sony is the problem.

Adviser
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

Volte

Hope sony to adapt volte for china mobile or china unicom, hope sony mobile to bring back the button for volte. Very useful function

Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

Re: Volte

@Simonkjl some carriers need to approve a device model in order for it to support VoLTE. the XZ Premium supports the technology, so I think your best bet is to contact your carrier about it. 

Adept
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

Dual volte

Most of the android devices support dual volte standby

But xz premium doesnot support dual volte, moreover the phone restarts if data sim is changed, this is very irritating. 

Just wanted to know is this hardware limitation of all sony phones? 

One time poster
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

Enable VoLTE on my XZ Prewmium Dual SIM phone

I have a XZ Premium Dual SIM purchased outright and is being used on an Optus Australia Network. I need to get VoLTE and VoWiFi enable on this device to use the VoLTE service from Optus.

I also use this phone in India with the Reliance Jio Network and would need VoLTE enable there as well.

Please send me the necessary firmware update and the steps to do this.

Adept
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

Xz premium not supporting airtel volte

Airtel India provided volte in India, but xz premium is not supporting volte