account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

I can't get the VoLte to work

Regular
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

21 REPLIES 21
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: I can't get the VoLte to work

Hi @Rowdog99, welcome to the forum! Slightly smiling Face

In order to be able to use VoLTE your operator and subscription, including SIM card, must support VoLTE for the device model you're using. If you haven't already been in contact with your operator and asked if they support VoLTE for the Xperia XZ Premium I recommend that you get in touch with them. Depending on operator, your phone must sometimes be operator-branded and/or use operator-customised system software as wel so please keep this in mind.

I hope that this answers your question!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

The information you provided was very helpful and makes a lot of sense I'll have to go to T-Mobile and see if they have a SIM card that supports VoLte, and maybe the phone been a unlocked phone from the UK the LTE voice feature may not work on the US carrier. Thanks again for everybody's timely response.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

Thanks, I'm happy to help any way I can! Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

VOLTE Couldn't found in XZ Premium

Any one who know how to turn on VOLTE on XZ Premium?

One time poster
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

My phone actually was brought at Malaysia, The telco From DIGI is supported VOLTE this features, But i didnt see any setting for Enhanced 4G/LTE option or as the official website said slide to turn on VOLTE, i tried *#*#4636#*#* for Volte Provisioned to try for turn on but just in couple of second then it turn it off it self, please provide an solution for it, Thank You Very Much.

Learner
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

Keep us updated, I I'm also using the XZ premium on the T-Mobile network and having issues. From what I gathered, it seems most features including WiFi calling and even some basic ones like multimedia messages which I'm having intermittent problems with, as well as getting a real LTE signal, are only guaranteed with a T-Mobile phone with the T-Mobile software installed. I was hoping that any phone which takes a SIM card should work seamlessly, unfortunately that is not the case.

Learner
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

Volte update

How can I enable volte in my xz premium 

Emperor
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Re: Volte update

@nibin1984

That will be up to your carrier network to enable this feature and/or add it to the firmware variant, that is if your phone its network branded/SIM locked to a carrier, if you have a SIM free phone, it won't work. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Re: Volte update

Hi @nibin1984,

To use VoLTE, your device needs operator-customised software and your subscription (incl. SIM card) must support VoLTE for the device model you're using. To inquire if your device, software, subscription and SIM card support VoLTE, contact your mobile network operator.

Android™ 8.0 To enable VoLTE
  1. Make sure your specific Xperia™ device model and network subscription support VoLTE.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Preferred network type > LTE or 4G (preferred)/3G/GSM.
  3. Drag the slider beside Enable VoLTE to the right.
Android™ 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 7.0, 7.1 or 7.1.1 To enable VoLTE
  1. Make sure your specific Xperia™ device model and network subscription support VoLTE.
  2. Find and tap Settings > More > Mobile networks > Preferred network type > LTE or 4G (preferred)/3G/GSM.
  3. Drag the slider beside Enable VoLTE to the right.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.