account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean phone cache after 8.0 update?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

How to clean phone cache after 8.0 update?

In 7.1.1 there were option to clean phone cache at once but now after 8.0 update I cannot find it anywhere. So how can I clean phone cache (cache of all apps at once)? Or should I do it one by one??

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to clean phone cache after 8.0 update?

Hi @mrnino,

The option to clear the cached data for all applications at once has been removed in Android 8.0 (Oreo) due to a decision made by Google.

As @viridis wrote, there is a feature in the device called Smart Cleaner that will automatically clear the cached data for applications that have not been used for 14 days. You can find this feature in Settings > Assist > Smart Cleaner.

You can also do it manually for each application if you go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > tap on an application > Storage > Clear cache.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

2 REPLIES
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

mrnino wrote:

In 7.1.1 there were option to clean phone cache at once but now after 8.0 update I cannot find it anywhere. So how can I clean phone cache (cache of all apps at once)? Or should I do it one by one??

It's probably because everyone saw it as a fix all solution when it wasn't.

I believe cache cleaning is done automatically now based on app usage, so if app is unused for X amount of days, the phone clears it's cache.

For problem apps that need a cache clear, the manual option remains in the app section in main settings

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi @mrnino,

The option to clear the cached data for all applications at once has been removed in Android 8.0 (Oreo) due to a decision made by Google.

As @viridis wrote, there is a feature in the device called Smart Cleaner that will automatically clear the cached data for applications that have not been used for 14 days. You can find this feature in Settings > Assist > Smart Cleaner.

You can also do it manually for each application if you go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > tap on an application > Storage > Clear cache.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.