account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How do I get the best sound from my Bluetooth headphones

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

How do I get the best sound from my Bluetooth headphones

I purchased blueBluet headphones from Amazon from a brand called Dudios. The description boasted amazing audio quality, lots of bass bla bla byt tyey don't sound good to me. 

Could it be my phone? What should I do. 

Dudios Bluetooth Headphones Neckband, apt-X Deep Bass Bluetooth Earbuds IPX5 Sweatproof Magnetic Wireless Earphones(CVC6.0 Noise Cancellation, 16 hrs Playtime) (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H4HP91T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_C1TgCbGPWVHAB

8 REPLIES 8
Pioneer
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do I get the best sound from my Bluetooth headphones

@Ninjabird7;

Have you tried the headphones in another device or HiFi System?

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I'ts not your XZP, it has actually very good sound quality. It's just not possible to get decent quality with 30 bucks. You have to double or triple that. Try brands like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG or Sony in 60-100$ price range. You will be amazed how big difference there is comparing to cheaper products. I have 27 euro JBL and 60 euro brass made Sony MDREX650APT (wired) headphones. They has HUGE difference in soundquality.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I tried a few things. In the developer settings it looks like the headphones are Bluetooth aptx. I turned on a different pair of headphones which are the Mpow Flame, they're cheaper and they are Bluetooth SBC which I guess is a standard codec and the Mpow Flame sound better all around whether it's listening to music or watching YouTube.

I did connect the new headphones to my Dish receiver, opened the YouTube app and watched a video but the audio really wasn't any different than watching on my phone.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@Species8472 wrote:

I'ts not your XZP, it has actually very good sound quality. It's just not possible to get decent quality with 30 bucks. You have to double or triple that. Try brands like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG or Sony in 60-100$ price range. You will be amazed how big difference there is comparing to cheaper products. I have 27 euro JBL and 60 euro brass made Sony MDREX650APT (wired) headphones. They has HUGE difference in soundquality.

The Mpow flames I have are cheaper and sound a lot better than the Dudios. So before I purchased the new headphones I thought that they would be of higher quality because of the inceased price and all the features they mention but that's not the case.

The best headphones for me are neckband wireless since I go to the gym a lot and I find those the best. What do you recommend under $100

Pioneer
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@Ninjabird7;

So it seems that the problem is really in the low quality of the headphones, if you are looking for a good quality ones maybe you should read this review with several price targets: https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/headphones/best-wireless-bluetooth-headphones

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@NunoSEN2 wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. Should I go with LDAC or Aptx HD headphones

Pioneer
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Ninjabird7;

LDAC is the Sony's proprietary codec and has the best bitrate on the market (990kbps) followed next by Qualcomm's aptX HD (576kbps) but that's more of a personal choice, maybe you should Google a bit about it, there is lots of information regarding it.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@NunoSEN2 wrote:

@Ninjabird7;

LDAC is the Sony's proprietary codec and has the best bitrate on the market (990kbps) followed next by Qualcomm's aptX HD (576kbps) but that's more of a personal choice, maybe you should Google a bit about it, there is lot's of information regarding it.

Sounds good. Thanks for the help