account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How can xzp support HDCP?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

How can xzp support HDCP?

Screenshot_20190705-103951.png

Screenshot_20190705-104036.png

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: How can xzp support HDCP?

Hi @HDCP1, let me see if I can help out here.

XZ Premium does have support for HDCP 2.2 when using Miracast screen mirroring. As this is an International support forum, could you please return with a translation of the error messages on your screenshot?

Please return with this information.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

The one,

Note that the output device does not support HDCP. You can only mirror the unprotected content of the following apps on the Xperia main screen, music.

other,

Mirror error Your output device does not support HDCP. Unable to mirror. You can still mirror certain apps and unprotected content to your device.

Pioneer
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @HDCP1;

Don't know if it has something to do with it but did you by any chance unlocked the bootloader of your device (rooted)?

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Not now, but can you tell me what to do if I have unlocked or rooted?

Pioneer
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@HDCP1;

Don't know what you can do now, but I read somewhere that one of the things you loose when unlocking the bootloader is the ability to screen mirroring.

On side note I found this, don't know if it can help you.