account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

How can i disable energy limitations

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

How can i disable energy limitations

A cleaner app has put 📞 in energy limitation/save. Now I can't see who is calling in the  Screen . I only can see the  phone symbol in the upper tray bar.

Can I put phone /calls off in energy save/limitations 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: How can i disable energy limitations

Hi @Stephand, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

I'm not sure if there is any setting in the cleaner app that you can remove the restriction from, so you will have to check that.

You can put certain application on the power-saving exceptions list if you go to Settings > Battery > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Power-saving exceptions. Most applications are not on this list by default, as they should not be excluded from using Doze.

You can also try and reset the data for the Phone application, in case that the cleaner application has nothing to do with the behaviour you are experiencing. To do that, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all xxx apps > Phone > Storage > Clear data > OK.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Stephand, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

I'm not sure if there is any setting in the cleaner app that you can remove the restriction from, so you will have to check that.

You can put certain application on the power-saving exceptions list if you go to Settings > Battery > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Power-saving exceptions. Most applications are not on this list by default, as they should not be excluded from using Doze.

You can also try and reset the data for the Phone application, in case that the cleaner application has nothing to do with the behaviour you are experiencing. To do that, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all xxx apps > Phone > Storage > Clear data > OK.

Let me know if that helps!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Remove the cleaner app.

Any cleaner that puts vital system apps in power save mode isn't worth having ever.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried option (earlier) and still says that energy saving is enabled for 'spraakoproepen' (phone calls). I did exclude the telephone app in options. 

I also did a factory reset few days ago, but that didnet/ work. 

Option 2 worked partly. I now get a drop down with the name and I can accept or reject :-). I was used to get a full screen. This will work I think. 

If you have more tips, please let me know. 

thanks

Stephan 

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Of course I removed the cleaner app, but as a non technical figure I might expect that CCleaner would not do such things.

So thanks for your helpful answer. Should you come accross a solution for this problem, let me know. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi again @Stephand, I apologize for the late reply.

Oh, that is some progress at least, but if the device is not in use you should get the incoming calling screen on your display and not just the drop down menu.

Regarding that it's still in the energy saving menu, is it under "Exceptions" and it's greyed out? That will tell you that it's not included in the energy saving and it can't be changed, as it should not be in any kind of energy saving.

If you go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > tap "See all xx apps" > Phone > Notifications > tap on "Incoming call", does it say "Behaviour: Pop on screen" here and it's greyed out?

Just in general, cleaner applications do not really help, they usually cause more harm than they help. Slightly frowning Face