account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How can I use remote play on the XZ premium and other phones over 4G/LTE without wifi?

Visitor
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: How can I use remote play on the XZ premium and other phones over 4G/LTE without wifi?

I'm in the same position. I got the xz premium and I'm not happy with it... it feels horrible in my hand and the 4k screen causes unnecessary battery waste, because 4k in a phone is ridiculous. But I thought "hey, at least I can have remote play again", but no!

I used to have a Lenovo p2 and used twisted89's modded app to remote play over 4g... worked fine until Sony patched the network, which made me get the Xperia. What I can't understand is how the modded app is so much better than the actual version. I'm so angry and disappointed that I'm returning the phone, and I may even switch to xbox. At least they allow cross play. Sony are just being jerks for no reason. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: How can I use remote play on the XZ premium and other phones over 4G/LTE without wifi?

My thoughts EXACTLY. Just got my Xperia XZ Premium bout 2 months back and bought it because it's Sony brand, fingerprint sensor, nfc, etc. But tbh the MAIN REASON I bought this phone was because of the Remote Play. Literally at my sister's apt rn and I'm a little upset that I can't use my ps4 from my sister's home after spending $400 on it. If I would've known, I would've bought an iphone 8+, s8+, red magic mars or some other phone that could handle Fortnite at least. This phone can't handle Fortnite either. Seriously debating getting rid of this and no longer purchasing certain Sony products. Really upsetting. 😔