account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Help! Having sound problems with XZ Premium.

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Help! Having sound problems with XZ Premium.

Hi there, 

Has anyone else been having problems with sound on their XZ Premium? These include:

- Sound is out of sync with video on most apps (eg. Netflix, YouTube) with sound approximately 1 second ahead of video.

- No sound when phone rings or during alarms (phone is not on silent mode or do not disturb mode).

Thanks in advance, 

K

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help! Having sound problems with XZ Premium.

@KJMcC has this happened recently ie after a recent software update....you could also try running the phone in Safe Mode to see if there is a possible 3rd party app interfering.

Have just tried my YouTube & everything seems fine

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I'm getting the same, have you found a fix? 

Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@XZPremiumUser1

I tried rebooting in safe mode as suggested by @dandy63 and reinstalling all of the affected apps. Haven't had any issues since.