account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Google play store / google services has stopped working

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Google play store / google services has stopped working

Hello,

I've read a lot of the help guides about clearing the cache / data / restore factory settings. I have done all of this but the apps still crash. I'm in China so have been using a VPN, I'm not sure if that might be the reason. I downloaded the latest APKs of Google Play Store, Play Services, and Services Framework. When the Framework is installed, it constantly crashes and spams me the message to restart the app. When just the Store and Services App are installed, the Play Store says it is downloading updates constantly and sometimes crashes.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Matt

6 REPLIES 6
Regular
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Google play store / google services has stopped working

If you are using Android 7 upgrade to Android 8 the problem is fixed there

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

My phone is up to date with Android 8.0

Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

There are chances that you have accidentally disabled an important part of Android system (for example Download Manager) which sometimes causes the Google Play to stop. So for problems related to the app preferences, Android has provided us with a reset app preferences option. So reset preferences and the issue will be solved.

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Android comes with native Download Manager app that is used by Google Play Store and Google Play Services to download updates for apps as well as the Google Play itself. But some apps with download option modify that functionality by disabling Download Manager, which causes Google Play to stop.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi

My Phone is xperia xz premium and google play service does not work in it and i dont Know What to do

Emperor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@Suhrab12345 

Go to settings > apps & notifications > all apps > playstore > storage > clear data > restart the phone > check if it works

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)