account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Google Camera, modded Google Camera, etc...

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Google Camera, modded Google Camera, etc...

Hello, I've been on xda and one dev released "camera nx 7.3 ZSL...", I wonder why I can't use that app and similar to it? It's packed with really good feauters that sony stock don't have it, such as portrait mode and hdr+... If you don't allow as to use API2, please at least give us same feauters. I mean, you guys are selling your sensors to other companies and they are taking and making the best out of it. Don't know why I'm still fan... 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Google Camera, modded Google Camera, etc...

Probably because Sony makes more money selling their camera hardware to other OEM's than it does selling phones. I imagine they have contracts preventing them from enhancing their own cameras to the level of others so that they do not lose sales of their camera hardware. It's all about the money.

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@nevenx the modded apps that you mentioned don't work on Sony phones because they rely on Camera 2 API. there's no way around that requirement. 

Learner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

All we need is support for Android Camera 2 API so we can install and use at their full potention 3rd party camera applications. Not a tech savy but Camera 2 API comes with Android, right? 

Talent
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

mostly all top  features of sony phones are not to a flagship level. no camera 2api. the super slow motion with less than 1 sec recording  is useless atleast they could have given  an option 240 fps. only being fast phone is not enough .  xzp is just a like  brick from sony. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I envy their camera and software, but my XZP does not have it as the flagship should have the performance, at least I hope to open the camera2 API, thank you. (This is generated translation software, if wrong, please understand)

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I had suggestion.

Hi sony! I had a suggestion. Please make some pirtrait mode on the camera because its really useful and had lots of fun on it. With your camera, this is the only one app that was missing to make it almost perfect. I bought xperia xz premium recently. I hope you consider my suggestion. Thanks sony! 😁

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Sony really doesn't care about fan reviews. I am a xz premium user . A big Sony Fan. I have been using Sony smartphones since 2010. It's really disappointing that sony has not included a proper portrait mode for there flagship devices. Fine u don't want to give that features ok. Why restrict google camera from working on devices?? Google camera with portrait doesn't work. It works on any budget phone but not om sony flagships?. Include a portrait mode sony pleasee atleast give latest google camera support. You are disappointing your loyal fan base.  

Highlighted
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Re: I had suggestion.

Absolutely agree this. Camera is awesome. The lens blur feature of google cam works flawless but no workaround for portrait mode or hdr+.. Why? Only sony knows whyπŸ˜’.. Its really disappointing to not have a useful feature in a flagship device