account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Get the full 4K resolution on the Xperia XZ Premium #TeamCrispy

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Get the full 4K resolution on the Xperia XZ Premium #TeamCrispy

Hi, I found out yesterday a trick  to force the resolution without root in native 2160x3840p simply via adb. I wrote in the blog AndroidKosmos about it, which is in German, but easy to understand with the Gtranslator. You only need of course the drivers, connect to the pc, enter adb shell as well wm size 2160x3840 and the dpi still adjust: wm density 820 its perfect for my opinion. The stock sony launcher isn't optimize yet, but i always use Nova or Evie.

https://www.androidkosmos.de/teamcrispy-das-4k-display-vom-xperia-xz-premium-nativ-einstellen/

Screenshot_20170607-004121.pngScreenshot_20170607-004104 03.50.53.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Learner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Get the full 4K resolution on the Xperia XZ Premium #TeamCrispy

I tried it but I found that the phone dialer app keeps crashing and cannot answer calls in this display mode. I had wm density = 800. Did this happen for you? 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Sorry but this is the 4th or so active thread on native 4k.

And no, the dialer issue still persists, use 1440p.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Yes the dialer crashed for me too. In fact I changed to 4k on the first day I bought the device.
Here is a link to a dialer that works for me with 4k and 807dpi

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72717939&postcount=26