account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Fingerprint sensor on Sony xz premium US?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Fingerprint sensor on Sony xz premium US?

Does the Sony Xperia xz premium US certain have the hardware for the fingerprint sensor?

I've read that the older phones do but it's disabled through the software. I was wondering the same for the Xperia xz premium.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Fingerprint sensor on Sony xz premium US?

@embr13

It's only disabled in US customized firmwares. Flashing another firmware from other customization versions than the US will make it work.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

@embr13

It's only disabled in US customized firmwares. Flashing another firmware from other customization versions than the US will make it work.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Is there any downfalls to installing the UK version?

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@embr13

There shouldn't 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Anybody know where I could get the UK firmware?

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@embr13

Try googling XperiFirm software for PC or visit Xpericheck.com.

Adviser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Your phone's warranty will be gone if you modify the firmware than it comes with.

Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Shanti016that's not necessarily true if you flash another variant of signed Sony software. doing that doesn't unlock the bootloader, nor does it give you root access.

Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Ask sony mobile support before flashing to avoid void your warranty.

Learner
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Warranty doesn't matter to me. I have protection through Best buy and they don't care if it's rooted