account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Fingerprint not working

Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Fingerprint not working

My fingerprint sensor stopped working since last . 33 update... No yet possibile to Access fingerprint menú

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fingerprint not working

@L0renz 

Just wondering, did you manually updated the phone?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Same trouble here, I think it's the pie update that's launched waaaaay too early... (sound issues too).

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi @L0renz, I am sorry to hear about this. Let me see if i can be of any help here!

The first thing I would advice you to do if you can't find the option is to clean the fingerprint sensor from any kind of dirt or moisture using a dry cloth, remember to restart the phone afterwards and see if you can access the fingerprint manager by tapping Settings > Lock screen and security.

Another thing you can try is to restart your phone in safe mode. All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily deactivated in this mod and by doing this you can see if a downloaded app is causing this. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, please click here

If the fingerprint manager is still missing in safe mode I suggest that you try to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion and a computer. Just make sure that you have made a backup before performing the repair since the repair will erase all user data.

If none of these measures manages to bring the fingerprint manager back I suggest that you contact your local support team in order to have the phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your Local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Try these measures an lett me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi,thank You for the reply.

I contacted many times the support center and I Tried All of the proposed solution.

I bought this Sony Xperia XZ premium because i thought that It would Be my phone for a Long time and i invested on It. Since this Android pie update,my phone started having lots of troubles,many thing won't work. 

So i contacted Xperia care, but they'll pass my phone under warranty (do i really have to send my phone under warranty because Sony can't develope a fully working system without All of thoose bugs? Do a research in the forum and You Can see what i'm talking about) Only if it's a software bug. But i don't think that thoose customer services are so loyal to customers, imho.

So i switched to another terminal, i don't want to waste my time and my Money between thoose "customer services" and this buggy software.

I think There Will Be many users here in the forum that thinks thoose things.

Have a nice day Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

You're not right.. if it was a software issue don't you think there would be at least hundreds of peoples with the same problem or do you have a special android pie version that Sony delivered just to your phone? 

I've android pie and my fingerprints sensor works fine and smoothly.

Trolling?

Adviser
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

do you know that not all users experiences the same bugs? so you're telling me that an update and a restart makes the hardware to fail or, to be damaged?

Adviser
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

No, the opposite.. if you factory reset the phone (not update or restart) and I do the same then we will have the same android version (assuming we are in the same region). Doing that it's impossible that same hardware + same software = not same behaviour. Only explanation you have damaged the fingerprints sensor or it's faulty.

Have you tried safe mode? Maybe there is a third party app that you installed that create the issue

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Thank you @L0renz for your quick reply.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, if a software repair do not manage to make the fingerprint sensor work as intended I suggest that you contact your local support team in order to have the phone sent to an authorized service center. I am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

If you have any other questions regarding Android Pie or your XZ Premium, feel free to ask! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.