account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Fingerprint and speakerphone

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Fingerprint and speakerphone

Speakerphone stopped working a few months back, then last few days phone has been restarting randomly. Did a system repair with companion.  Speakerphone still doesn't work and now no option to add my fingerprint for unlock. Fingerprint management option has disappeared from the security settings.  

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Fingerprint and speakerphone

@Shychlo 

I'm sorry to hear that, could you test your device?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Randomly the fingerprint mamangement has reappeared. 

Speakerphone still doesn't work though. Did the tests and my phone speaker is fine.   When I press speakerphone during a call it mutes it. 

Also my Google calendar events aren't there any more. I always save them under Google family so they should all be backed up but none of them are there. 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Fingerprint scanner not working again and disappeared from the menu again. Restarted phone, its still not there. How can it just happen randomly? 

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Now fingerprint has reappeared. How is this possible???

Clearly some issue somewhere. Speakerphone still doesn't work 

Learner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I have the same issue. Has happened after the last update. (March 2019) 47.2.A.8.24 

Phone is soooo unstable now. Fingerprint hardware is rarely available. The lag is ridiculous and randomly restarts 2-3 times a day.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Yep mine has restarted 5 times today.  So buggy and laggy this last week or so and getting worse each day! 

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Amigo buenas tardes  te comento que me sucede lo mismo, mi altavoz su3na muy bajito y la huella dactilar me dejó de funcionar de la nada y aún no se porque.

Friend good afternoon I tell you that the same thing happens to me, my speaker su3na very short and the fingerprint stopped working from nowhere and I still do not know why.

gt

Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

No response from any Sony techs ?

Apprentice
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Nope. I'm sending it for repair.