account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Failed Verification - Can't use phone

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Failed Verification - Can't use phone

Hello everyone, 

After the latest software update from sony (10/02/2018) my smartphone refuses to start. 
When booting I get the error message: "Your device has failed verification and will not work properly." and then it shuts down after 5s. I cannot use my phone at all now ... 
Please help 
I bought my Sony in November last year at JB-HiFi in Sydney. 

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Failed Verification - Can't use phone

@J0hnny_M

I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Bear in mind that you'll lose all your data on the internal memory (SD card will not be affected).

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

@J0hnny_M

I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Bear in mind that you'll lose all your data on the internal memory (SD card will not be affected).

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the solution! Hoping it won't happen again ^^ 
Cheers,

Visitor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I have the same problem but companion doesn't seem to be working on it and i can't start in safe mode??

Anyone else got any ideas??

Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

same as I have... can't use sony companion, can't put in safe mode... nothing...lost. new cell phone. some months....

Commissioner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Reset your phone go to the setting after that try to repair your phone software using xperia companion.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Mine does this after every single update. Had for 1 year been back to Sony 5 times and software cleanse every other time. Now have my stuff backed up constantly and do my update straight away through computer so that it's ready plugged in for the complete reset. 

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

My Xperia XZ regularly gets failed verification:

- reboot phone

- it works for 30 minutes or so, although random apps crash in background - eg youtube

- eventually I get the failed verification message

I have tried a restre to factory settings and use the software repair from the xperia companion 2 or free times, it works for a while then fails again.

I assume there is actually a hardware 

Pioneer
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@insanehound 

Did you try NOT to restore all apps?

You say random apps crash.

That makes it suspect that a 3rd party app on the background is causing problems.

If you have an app installed that is not able handle memory in a proper way than it can hinder other apps, your device.

How does your device act in safe mode?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't