account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Entering wifi settings closes the application

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Entering wifi settings closes the application

When I open wifi from settings it continuously shows warning: program closed, tap to reopen, then the next warning: program still closes. After approximately 5 or 7 times to try available networks list opens, but when I try to push settings button the application crashes again.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Entering wifi settings closes the application

try going to Settings > Apps > Settings > Storage > Clear data and see if it changes anything. don't worry, you won't lose your settings.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks but it doesn't work.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @3191,

Sorry to hear about your issue with Wifi Slightly frowning Face

The first thing I suggest here would be to boot the device into Safe mode, this can be done rather easily. Follow the instructions in the hyper link below.

safe mode

Once your device is in Safe mode you can test out WiFi in settings, if the issue is no longer there then the problem is likely being caused by a third party application if that is the case you may need to remove any new apps since the problem started to try to find the culprit.

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.