account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Duplicate posts on Xperia XZ Premium bugs

Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Regret updating to oreo,Phone is almost un usable

@angrysonyfan

Who knows? Can you restart in the safe mode and see if it's still crashing?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

My XZP is OK after the Oreo update.

Only the ToF + RGBC-IR sensers not working.

But the device is much faster than Nougat.

And it truely beat Samsung/Huawei/Mi flagship devices down.

Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Re: unfortunately google app has stopped

@angrysonyfan

If it didn't work for you, it doesn't mean it will not work for others. It's the main step in troubleshooting software issues.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

@Quester wrote:

@angrysonyfan

If it didn't work for you, it doesn't mean it will not work for others. It's the main step in troubleshooting software issues.

It didn't worked for others as well u can check their replies after doing repair.  none of them confirmed their device work fine after software repair.  xperia companion use the software provided with ota updates  there is nothing new in it. Installation using Xperia Companion  only it clears cache and cookies. Correct me if  i am wrong. 

Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

@angrysonyfan

You're wrong, software repair using Xperia Companion will wipe your internal memory clean, deleting everything even system files (like a format), then it will download a fresh copy of the latest firmware and install it on the empty internal memory drive. This way it is better than clearing cache, uninstalling apps, and even factory reset.

As I said, this is the main step of troubleshooting software issues and will be the first thing a service center will do to a submitted device.

I'd appreciate if you cut the arguments in order not to drift this thread to off-topic discussions. If you want to discuss the viability of the software repair process, you're advised to create a new thread in the appropriate forum board.

Highlighted
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

@Quester wrote:

@angrysonyfan

You're wrong, software repair using Xperia Companion will wipe your internal memory clean, deleting everything even system files (like a format), then it will download a fresh copy of the latest firmware and install it on the empty internal memory drive. This way it is better than clearing cache, uninstalling apps, and even factory reset.

As I said, this is the main step of troubleshooting software issues and will be the first thing a service center will do to a submitted device.

I'd appreciate if you cut the arguments in order not to drift this thread to off-topic discussions. If you want to discuss the viability of the software repair process, you're advised to create a new thread in the appropriate forum board.

ok. sorry for going off topic. repair with xperia didn't  helped me so what i have to do next.... please advise 

Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

@angrysonyfan

Find the next step at your own thread here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Regret-updating-to-oreo-Phone-is-almost-un-usable/m...

Learner
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

He/She is right, this does not fix the problem.

Phone: US Dual-SIM Xperia XZ Premium 

MRIPPETT
Regular
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Tried this twice still and still doesn't work.

Emperor
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

Re: Duplicate posts on Xperia XZ Premium bugs

@angrysonyfan

This post has been locked as it's a duplicate post of multiple ongoing threads/topics on the forum and the user is aware of it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)