account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Duplicate posts on Xperia XZ Premium bugs

Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Duplicate posts on Xperia XZ Premium bugs

After update while using every now and then some app crushes. sony didn't u test the updates before releasing to public. even the Xperia home app crushes. there any way to install nought again, this oreo updates is full of bugs.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: Regret updating to oreo,Phone is almost un usable

@angrysonyfan

If you updated straight via OTA, I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory, which is advised when upgrading to a higher cookie version. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

I don't like it either so far. And I have just installed it also. The whole interface looks Samsungish. 🤔

Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

@Quester wrote:

@angrysonyfan

If you updated straight via OTA, I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory, which is advised when upgrading to a higher cookie version. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

i will try. 

Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

@Englishmanx

I disagree with you is the "Samsungish" part, it's the exact opposite of Samsungish imo! The new Settings interface is designed by Google itself, and it's the nearest to Vanilla Android. Samsungish means heavily customized with loads of bloatware.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

i repaired using Xperia Companion but still the same.  really  disappointing from sony. 

Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

Re: unfortunately google app has stopped

@uliwooly wrote:

@juristahabla

Perhaps you might want to repair the phone with XC 

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Repairs using Xperia Companion doesn't help. i tried and is  same as before. soo please stop suggesting repair using Xperia Companion as doing nothing good. 

Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

@angrysonyfan

That was a fast software repair! Did you install any 3rd party apps yet?

Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

yes only Skype and whatsapp. but what it has to do with  crushing.  

Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Re: Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

Now we can only do is wait  and hope sony will fix all the issues ASAP.