account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Dual SIM + microSD?

Apprentice
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Dual SIM + microSD?

Can the Xperia XZ Premium use 2 SIM with microSD together?

18 REPLIES 18
Apprentice
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Dual SIM + microSD?

No. It's a Hybrid Sim Tray. 2 Sim card or 1 Sim card + MicroSD card. 

Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

@Jeffrey77

@AlienWCY

Sony Xperia France has confirmed that the dual-SIM version of the Xperia XZ Premium (as well as the XA1 and XA1 Ultra) will be able to combine two SIM cards and an SD card simultaneously. So, good news, for anyone looking to pick up an Xperia XZ Premium Dual.

EDIT: Seems like Xperia France got us all confused, they added #xperiaxzpremium in a tweet that was entirely about Xperia XA1. So the info I posted above is not correct after all.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Thanks. That's a great news. 

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Can someone from Sony developers confirm?

Apparently, one of the reviewers confirmed that its a hybrid sim slot.

IMG_1482.jpg

Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

@yuunanase

http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/05/22/xperia-xz-premium-dual-has-a-dedicated-sd-card-slot-no-hybrid-s...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Developer
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

Hi all!

This seems like something we need to look into. I haven't seen the Dual Sim model myself so I'm not sure.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Yes it's Hybrid Sim Slot. Here in HK in a Smartone Shop I tried the Showcase Xperia XZ Premium Dual. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

I have confirmation from Sony support, too bad it cannot use 2 SIMs with microSD simultaneously...

Commissioner
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Owner of XZ premium dual sim variant, I can confirm the hybrid slot =(