account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Dropped calls

Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Dropped calls

My Xperia XZ Premium keeps dropping calls and when that happens, it displays the message "enriched calling.... has stopped".

Anyone experienced this?

David

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Dropped calls

Hi @Bali3, I am sorry to hear about this.

Try these methods one after the other. Verify after each method whether the problem was solved, before trying the next one.

• Try to change the network mode on your Xperia™ device to see if this fixes the problem.
  • Turn off the device. Remove and re-insert the SIM card, then turn on the device.
  • Insert your SIM card in another phone or tablet to see if you can make or receive a call without it being dropped. If you can make or receive a call with another phone or tablet, it may indicate that there is something wrong with the software of your Xperia™ device. Try to fix the problem by performing a repair of the software using the PC Companion application or the Sony Bridge for Mac application. A repair of the software may include an update of the system software. If an update to a later Android™ version is available for your Xperia™ device, the new version may be installed. If this is the case you may notice some differences in the functionality of your phone or tablet after the update. Go to: www.sonymobile.com/software for more information and carefully read the information given before repairing or updating.
  • Contact your network operator. The problem may be related to the SIM card or the mobile network.
To select a network mode
  1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Settings > More… > Mobile networks.
  3. Tap Network Mode.
  4. Select a network mode.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

All (and Sony Support)

I have just bought a Sony XC2premium March 2019. 

I have used an Xperia Z5 for 3 years before giving Sony my confidence vote by sticking to the brand

I'm dissappointed

The friggin phone drops calls

I have researched this a little and it seems to be an error in hand-over from 4G to 3G or 2G networks when you are in a call in a car on the move.

In my case what happens is that I can hear the other end crystal clear all the time, but the other end all of a sudden hear some sparks and then my voice is muted.
Theres is nothing I can do to un-mute except disconnect and connect again. Im located in Norway (just for reference)

This is most likely a software bug. So SONY Support please dont go on about restarting the phone or swapping SIM cards etc ..

This must be escalated properly and forcefully to R&D

We, want a SW fix urgently

The problem could well be a GSM compatability issue. Eg some basestations are running a SW version not compatibe with the phone.. However, SONY fix it.. 

Thanks/

Knut

Apprentice
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi, 

I used to have this problem with my XZ Premium and it was so frustrating especially for business calls  But after the most recent update that problem is now history  

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi Bali4, thanks for the info
I am running Sony SW Build number: 52.0.A.8.14 (Android 9)
Updated a few weeks ago nothing new from Sony at present

What build number are you running?

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Dear Kesundt,

Please see attached my most recent update...Latest update.jpg

Rookie
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

All

It seems the problem can be resolved. I have not fully verified that the bug is gone but here is what you should do

- You have to reload the software onto you phone using this tool: Xperia Companion

https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperia-companion/

- Connect with USB and select "Software Repair"

- This will install: 52.0.A.8.14.R2B

(Notice the last three letters R2B)

- The phone will be completly erased (factory reset)..
So this action is a right pain and forces you to waste lots of time.. But it seems to give you back a working phone...

Rookie
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

As of November 25th 2019 and multiply updates. 

The phone is still dropping calls! 

Tragic.. 

Good bye Sony