account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Does the XZ Premium support MirrorLink?

Learner
Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: Does the XZ Premium support MirrorLink?

i have z3c and it works (some times). copy display from phone to car display.

then i had problems with display (on the edge where u plug in usb for charging ) it started to become yelow.

then had to buy a new phone. 

samsung s8 was a gift from my wife.

now i tried mirror link. just aplication aproved by vw works no other. mirror link like copy display from phone to car display doesn't work.

Visitor
Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

The sony XAV-720HD had HDMI ports so it might work for me. Ill check next weekend.

Visitor
Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

The XZ Premium has mirrolink. The regular XZ doesn't. How do I know this because I had the XZ before and it doesn't support it?  

Visitor
Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

I might try this cause my unit has hdmi ports. Plus I do not want to have to keep swithing my nano sim card from xzp to z5 everytime I want to listen to spotify in my civic.

Visitor
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

Hey, the same person typing. So I tried this week but no success. Either the new Android 8.0 removed it or it was never there, to begin with. Ill try dongles and adapters but I expect nothing to work. I guess Sony realized they were selling an illegal product when you can display your phone screen onto another screen and say you're not using your phone lol. Well, I still have my XAV712HD and IF I have to switch to my z5 every time to mirror my phone display in my car so be it.

Apprentice
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

Android Auto is the way to connect, MirrorLink is no longer being developed by Google, it is being depreciated.