account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Display oversaturates, contrast, gamma

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Display oversaturates, contrast, gamma

Hello.

The Display in the sunlight brightens itself too much up which makes it look very ugly. If I cover the sensor on the right next to the top speaker it gets natural again. I can not show a picture because it would start looking normal again in darker areas, so this is pure displays fault in connection with the sensor. Texts start to get contures. 

Especially in "Discord" which is an app. 

Do you claim to have the same Problem? Help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Display oversaturates, contrast, gamma

it's a feature called Assertive Display that changes contrast in order to improve visibility in strong sunlight

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2015/02/20/assertive-display-power-efficient-technology-thats-easy...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

it's a feature called Assertive Display that changes contrast in order to improve visibility in strong sunlight

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2015/02/20/assertive-display-power-efficient-technology-thats-easy...

Adviser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Wow cannot even be disabled. 

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

I think the only way to disable it is to root the phone and change some line in build.prop file. still, I find that it really makes display more readable in direct sunlight.
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@Gaukh

Not sure about this but, if you disable the "Adaptive brightness" option in Settings -> Display, will it help?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

No. The first reply is right. That Qualcomm technology is bad. I mean it is good but very annoying and ugly. 

Veteran
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

For me it is a good option to boost the contrast, to be honest I wuld liket o have this option to turn it on also when there is no bright light.

If you dig into the details you will see the screen of XZ Premium is not that bright and contrast is rather low. Functionality you are describing is helpful for me, but I acknowledge not everyone likes it. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

You could try activity launcher from playstore, then create a link on your launcher for 'SVI Settings', launch that, uncheck the option, check again in sunlight.

You're welcome Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I highly doubt it will help since it really is Qualcomms "Assertive Display" causing it in sunlight. 

Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10