account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Charging Problem

Regular
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Charging Problem

Phone starts charging after a wiggle 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Phone starts charging after wiggle

Hi @ZAIN9246  Slightly smiling Face

Can you please give me more details about the problem you´re facing?

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Regular
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

My phone randmly stops charging and is charging very slow I'm using quick charge 3.0 I have to put the usb type c cable in a certain position to get my phone charging

Regular
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Now phone isn't charging at all

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@ZAIN9246 

Are you able to see if the USB-C port is damage? Or the pins in the phone and charger? 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Regular
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Yes I did inspect the port it seem fine and unharmed.

Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@ZAIN9246 

Have you tried with a different charger or cable?

If this doesn´t help, and you don´t notice any change, my recommendation is you to contact your local support team so they can assist you better and have your phone examined! 

Please, tell me how it goes

Regular
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Update that I just found a way to charge my phone when I put pressure on that particular part <shown in the picture> of the phone with both of my thumbs from front and back my phone seems to charge fine but I have to put a lot of pressure.

P.S I dont know much about the hardware stuff but I just found that way while messing around with my phone

sony-xz-premium1.jpg