account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Cell get warm

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Cell get warm

I bought my cell in Amazon and I returned it, cuz on my first day used while I was using the cell was getting hot. And I went to Best buy a another Sony xz premium (I love my previous Sony) and a week later I have the same problem. So I was wondering if this is an issue with the battery before I go to the store and return it again. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cell get warm

the phone is bound to get warm at first when you're set it up and downloading and installing all the apps at once. give it couple of days and see if it settles down.
Genius
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@panakeca exactly as @najodleglejszy suggests.....also if you are concerned about the actual battery life being not too good at first it is for exactly the same reasons, it will settle down i promise :smileysmileythumbsup:

V__
Apprentice
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

You can cool it down by putting it on a flat surface such as glass table, metal and rocky tables. You can also use cold water. The reason is for the overheating issue, the phone is waterproof, so air does not move in or out. 

Genius
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@V__ again, not waterproof BUT water resistant :smileysmileywink:

V__
Apprentice
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@dandy63 I have been filming and photographing underwater a lot for the past few days. I'm sure it's waterproof and resistant.

I use cold water all the time to cool down ma fone. 

Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@V__

Be cautious while using your phone under water, as per the official Sony IP rating page:

• The IP rating of your device was achieved in laboratory conditions in standby mode, so you should not use the device underwater, such as taking pictures. Do not use the device to take photos while performing any type of activity underwater, including diving or snorkeling.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

V__
Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I know the boundaries of this phone.

Please do not worry anymore of my usage.

It is my own responsibility to take care of my cell phone. And besides insurance should not be paid in vain. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Is been three weeks since I brought the cellphone and still get it warmer when I used it. If I turn on a flashlight, talk over the cell use the internet, etc after 3 minutes start getting warm. 

Something else can I do to fix it.