account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Can't make calls

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Can't make calls

Iam using Sony XZ premium bought from UAE and came back to India and start using a Jio sim, unfortunately I can't make calls but can use data, is any solution for making calls. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't make calls

Hi @Hash008 

Reall strange that you can use data connection but not making calls. Are you using the country indicative? 

I recommend you to contact your carrier so they can assist you faster in that matter. 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Hash008, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

You may want to double check this with the Local support team in India, but as far as I know, Jio only supports 4G and not 2G/3G, so in order to make phone calls you need to use VoLTE (voice over LTE).

To use VoLTE, your device needs operator-customised software and your subscription (incl. SIM card) must support VoLTE for the device model you're using. To inquire if your device, software, subscription and SIM card support VoLTE, contact your mobile network operator.

Do you have a SIM card from a different operator that you can try and see if you can place calls with or if you can also borrow one from a friend, colleague or family member.

Keep us posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Pioneer
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Hash008 ;

For what I could see Jio is a LTE only network, so you will only be able to make phone calls over Jio if you have and enable VoLTE.

Read more about it here: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxzpremium/faq/wifi-&-connectivity/80193074017be10b101...;

And how to enable it here: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxzpremium/faq/how-do-i/801930740589c9bb60165c3d94d120....

Commissioner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Hash008 wrote:

Iam using Sony XZ premium bought from UAE and came back to India and start using a Jio sim, unfortunately I can't make calls but can use data, is any solution for making calls. 

Like already mentioned, u need to contact Jio support care to see if they can provide any alternative.. 

Jio supports volte with XZ Premium. But it might need india region firmware which Jio provides the volte support. 

For now u can use Jio 4G voice app from play store to make 4G calls until a workaround is there.. contact Jio and if they can provide solution it's fine otherwise u might need to change to India firmware. XZ premium is present on Jio volte supported list. Hope this can solve ur problem.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi @mahesh911!

That is really awesome information, I had no idea there was an application that could be used! Slightly smiling Face

Thanks a lot for helping out! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.