account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

[Bug or Feature?] Android 8.0.0 Oreo XZ Premium

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

[Bug or Feature?] Android 8.0.0 Oreo XZ Premium

Hi there,

I just received the new update on 8.0.0 Oreo on my phone at Saturday and there are a huge bunch of crap that has come with it where I wanna know why did Sony do that?

1. Folders:

Please tell me why you did switch the layout of folders on the screen? What's wrong with the old layout?

BEFORE: The width of an folder only was as long as apps were in it, you had 2 rows with apps the folder did expand two rows, nice.

NOW: Open a folder now expands on the whole screen, unnecessary!

I didn't found an option to change this layout yet, someone please tell me.

2. The 'Do not Disturb' quick button:

BEFORE: Click and Activate, by activating you were asked which mode you want and for how long, nice.

NOW: Have to hold the button after activating to set up which mode and for how long, unnecessary.

Even more worse now if 'important messages only' is your chosen mode from last time or you choose it after, my phone always plays the notification sound in high volume instead of being quite. Annoying!!! How do I change that?

3. The Software Home Button:

BEFORE: Just pressing and all good.

NOW: Intergrated Google Assistant. I didn't activated it yet and never will, how can I switch the button layout to not ask me all the time if I press the button for a longer time?

Everyone be welcome to dump your found Bugs or unwelcome Features here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Re: [Bug or Feature?] Android 8.0.0 Oreo XZ Premium

@Orihalconabout the DND sound, try doing this:

1. enable DND mode

2. long press on the DND notification. two buttons should show up on the notification, "All categories" and "Done"

3. press All categories, you should see a System UI notification settings page.

4. press Do Not Disturb option on the list

5. tap Importance, and change it to Medium (No sound)

next time you shouldn't be getting a notification sound when switching DND mode on.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

@Orihalcon

Don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support 

and also, Google Android developers as that seems to be standard with Oreo 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

@Orihalcon

2. if you pull down the notification pane, and tap on the text below the DND icon (not the icon itself), you have option to enable DND and change the mode from there.

3. long pressing home button has always launched Google app. if you don't like it, you can go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Default apps > Assist & voice input > Assist app > None.

Visitor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@najodleglejszy

Thx for solving problem #3 this really was what i were looking for.

#2 I already know this, but that doesn't fit with what I want.

When i press on the DND Button, I want it pop up like before and ask me what to do, not make me switch it after activated manually cause i dont wanna swipe down the topbar completely for only that option.

Also it doesn't solve the 2nd problem with the notification sound when "only important" is chosen.

I don't want my phone to yell my notification sound when I pick this option.

I don't need to be reminded what my notification sound sounds like.

Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@Orihalconabout the DND sound, try doing this:

1. enable DND mode

2. long press on the DND notification. two buttons should show up on the notification, "All categories" and "Done"

3. press All categories, you should see a System UI notification settings page.

4. press Do Not Disturb option on the list

5. tap Importance, and change it to Medium (No sound)

next time you shouldn't be getting a notification sound when switching DND mode on.

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@najodleglejszy

thx, at least the sound has now stopped, I shouldn't expect my last wish would come true about the layout by pressing dnd to open settings, or my 1st question with the folders.

guess have to wait for Android 9.0 to get that changed again D:

Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@Orihalconregarding folder look - you can always use another launcher from Play Store, like Nova, Action, Apex, Evie and so on. they are pretty customizable and you can probably set one of them up exactly to your liking. I don't think there's a way to change DND notification behaviour, though. my guess is that it's been made that way so that it can be disabled directly from the lockscreen by pressing the banner.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I just wanna tell a big or the biggest bug. I am using xperia xa1 plus, I am using gaming actions of xperia assist. I am setting it to open do not disturb when I log in a game that I specified. Bug 1 is a little bug: when I opening the game, do not disturb is opening or not opening. It completely depends on do not disturb's (or xperia assist's) comfort. The second bug is more bigger ( I think actually the biggest one) when I opening the game with do not disturb is open, I get whatsapp and normal phone calls!!! It's completely !!! Is do not disturb supposed to have blocked phone and THIRD PARTY APP calls? That's what it said to me, I am being really upset and angry with it. I found somewhere that do not disturb can block phone and THIRD PARTY APP calls on android pie, but the phone doesn't get it although helio p20 can be countable to hold android pie. I'm gonna say again, it's completely !!! 

And I want a rocket speed answer from authorized or having knowledge people!!! 

Talent
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

True i have same problem with assist

Rookie
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@Marioss wrote:

True i have same problem with assist

@Marioss Do you use the same phone with me?