account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Broken sound control after Pie update

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 11 of 26
Message 11 of 26

Re: Broken sound control after Pie update

Hi again

What we must do with text message app ?

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 26
Message 12 of 26

As someone mentioned, the ringtone volume is previewed when you adjust the volume in settings.

At best, it is useful the first time, but not the 1000 following times when you already know what visual level you want, and need to quickly silently adjust the ringtone volume. 

Sad to say that I am looking for an app/widget to rebind the volume keys to how it was before the update Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 26
Message 13 of 26

Hi @MehrdadVz!

I'm not quite sure that I understand what you mean with the message application, would it be possible for you to elaborate a bit? Thank you.

Hi @FatCash, That is very true and I understand that must be very annoying, especially if you are adjusting the volume to not disturb the people around you.

I will make sure to forward the feedback regarding this! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 14 of 26
Message 14 of 26

In my last version of Android I used messaging app .with this app I can stared🌟 message or messages and in inbox of somebody I can selected too many incoming messages to delete or... But not this app crashed in Android 9 and didn't work . Recently I must use messages app , this app is very simple app I seen in very old version of Android . 

Veteran
Message 15 of 26
Message 15 of 26

Android 9 volume rocker

Hi, yesterday I received Pie update and since then the volume rocker is changing the volume of multimedias instead of incoming calls and messages!!!

I need to open additional menu in order to adjust call volume. How can I fix it?????

Please help!
Can this setting be adjusted???
It is so stupid!

Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Veteran
Message 16 of 26
Message 16 of 26

Exactly! We need to be able to adjust "default" value of volume rocker, I for example want it back to adjust i coming calls / notifications vokume with the rocker directly and not sub menu! Also playing the sound automarically in sub_menu is annoying.

This bug must be fixed immediately! 

Apprentice
Message 17 of 26
Message 17 of 26

Re: Android 9 volume rocker

Yes, When the control volume appears you need to tighten the configuration gear, and it will send you to the options of other volumes. the only shortcut is to put on vibrator and not bother at the top.

One time poster
Message 18 of 26
Message 18 of 26

Re: Android 9 volume rocker

Yes, very stupid as it was perfect before, I can not figure out how to change that

Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 26
Message 19 of 26

@MehrdadVz, Do I understand that you are using a third party messaging application and that one is no longer working after updating to Android Pie? If that is the case, check if there are any updates to the application available in the Google Play store, as the version you have installed may not be fully compatible with Android Pie.

If there are no updates available, you can find the contact information to the developer of the application in the Google Play store and send them the information, so they are aware of this.

@azzido, There is no setting to change the behaviour of the volume slider and to adjust the ring/notification volume, you will need to tap the cogwheel and manually adjust it in the audio settings. This is the default behavior in Android 9.0, so there is no bug.

@Dcorrea, that is correct. With the "bell" icon, you can either mute all notification/ring sound, only vibration and of course, sound on.

@ReneMeyer, You can not change it back to how it was in Android Oreo, as this is the new behaviour in Android 9.0 (Pie).

I do understand that this change does not suit everyone and I'll continue to forward all the feedback that I receive about this! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 20 of 26
Message 20 of 26

@Jonas wrote:

@MehrdadVz, Do I understand that you are using a third party messaging application and that one is no longer working after updating to Android Pie? If that is the case, check if there are any updates to the application available in the Google Play store, as the version you have installed may not be fully compatible with Android Pie.

If there are no updates available, you can find the contact information to the developer of the application in the Google Play store and send them the information, so they are aware of this.

@azzido, There is no setting to change the behaviour of the volume slider and to adjust the ring/notification volume, you will need to tap the cogwheel and manually adjust it in the audio settings. This is the default behavior in Android 9.0, so there is no bug.

@Dcorrea, that is correct. With the "bell" icon, you can either mute all notification/ring sound, only vibration and of course, sound on.

@ReneMeyer, You can not change it back to how it was in Android Oreo, as this is the new behaviour in Android 9.0 (Pie).

I do understand that this change does not suit everyone and I'll continue to forward all the feedback that I receive about this! Slightly smiling Face

Hi, what was the answer after the feedback? 
Will this issue introduced by stupid Google be fixed/corrected by Sony???

This is so annoying...