account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Broken sound control after Pie update

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 26
Message 1 of 26

Broken sound control after Pie update

The sounds control is broken on Xperia XZ Premium broken. When you push volume button the volume control panel shows up with media slider. Thats ok. But if you tap on settings gear under slider it should show all volume sliders next to media volume slider but instead of it it brings you to phone volume settings.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 26
Message 3 of 26

Re: Broken sound control after Pie update

@mrnino

@mrnino wrote:

Because on Pixel/other phones it acts different (as I described above).

not according to this video by Google support https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZkTyN7sPeE

Watch this video to learn how to control volume settings. For more info, go to the Pixel Help Center at https://support.google.com/pixelphone.
25 REPLIES 25
Commissioner
Message 2 of 26
Message 2 of 26

This is so uncomfortable. Did you make it this way or it's broken? Because on Pixel/other phones it acts different (as I described above).

Message 3 of 26
Message 3 of 26

@mrnino

@mrnino wrote:

Because on Pixel/other phones it acts different (as I described above).

not according to this video by Google support https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZkTyN7sPeE

Watch this video to learn how to control volume settings. For more info, go to the Pixel Help Center at https://support.google.com/pixelphone.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 26
Message 4 of 26

Hi @mrnino!

This is the expected behaviour when you tap the gear/settings icon and it's the same on the other Xperia devices updated to Android Pie and the Xperia XZ3 that was launched with Android Pie.

It could be different on other brands, but at least it looks to be the same as "stock" Android is using based on the video that @najodleglejszy posted.

I do understand that there are some extra actions that needs to be taken in order to adjust the ring/notification volume in Android Pie compared to Android Oreo and I'll make sure to forward the information that you have provided internally as user feedback.

Have a great day! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 26
Message 5 of 26

But it will be better if when we want to decrease the volume of of incoming call we can use only the volume key same as last version of Android . And the App of message is very bad because I can't select too many message to delete of mark as important with Star . 

Visitor
Message 6 of 26
Message 6 of 26

I don't like this way of control, at least put default of what we change to be ringer cause I'm often changing volume depending where I am(home, office, street, gym, and lot more), and when I select gear and change volume at volume panel then the sound plays which is very annoying for ringer, I don't want that to happen when I'm in meeting or such and change volume only to make noise while doing it, I often don't need vibrations there, just making it more quiet

Commissioner
Message 7 of 26
Message 7 of 26

Yes, it's terrible. I often lower down media volume instead of ringtone. And that noise while manually setting ringtone volume level it's terrible. Sony should give us option to set this setting.

Learner
Message 8 of 26
Message 8 of 26

About sms messenger what we must do ? I can't select some message with star to be important .

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 26
Message 9 of 26

This is unacceptable. EVERYBODY needs to be able to quickly mute their ringer when they go into a meeting  (It's important to be able to set a time limit for the mute, too, which I was ble tp do with the Shush app until this useless update.) We need a fix! 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 26
Message 10 of 26

Hi @Altitood!

You can quickly mute the device by tapping on the little bell icon just above the volume slider. To set a timer you will need to press and hold on the Do not disturb icon in the Quick settings > Duration.

I had a look in the Google Play store and the Shush application has not been update since early 2017, so it might not be fully working with Android Pie, but you can always send the developers an Email.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.