account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth stops working

Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Bluetooth stops working

Tha last couple of weeks I have noticed that my Xperia XZ Premiums Bluetooth driver stops working. The symptoms is that nothing can pair with the phone and if I try to turn off and on Bluetooth it doesn't work. When I slide the button to position "on" in Bluetooth settings it just turns grey and if I refresh the page it's back on "off".

I can solve the problem with a restart but now the problem is every day and sometimes two times per day. 

My Bluetooth behavior has changed a bit since I always have Bluetooth on for syncing with training watch from Garmin. I also use a headset from Jabra several times a day. 

10 REPLIES 10
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Bluetooth stops working

Hi !

I have the same problem here, but with Polar systems. (Worked perfectly with 7.1)

/Stefan

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Same issues here, for some reason bluetooth stops working after some time (usually each 1-2 days), and cannot be turned on. Only restarting the phone will allow the bluetooth to be turned on. Extremely annoying.

One time poster
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Same problem here!

I use Bluetooth headset in work, in-car Bluetooth and I use a Mk Bradshaw SmartWatch daily, all of which randomly disconnect on a daily basis.

It keeps requiring device restart as the Bluetooth on/off button is unresponsive. I'm looking for trouble shooting information but can't find any.

I have also tried force stopping Bluetooth through application management in settings but not helping either...

I think it's since the Android Oreo update... 

Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@MXperia try going to Settings > System > About phone, and tapping Build number 7 times, then going to Settings > System > Developer options > Bluetooth AVRCP Version and changing it to 1.5 or 1.4, and see if it fixes the connection with your car and watch.

Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Same here.  Angry Face

All my xperia phones periodically lose connection to paired devices. And only resume it after rebooting or enabling/disabling airplane mode..........

Angry Face

Learner
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@najodleglejszy: I followed your instructions and have now tried both 1.4 and 1.5. Despite that 1.4 is marked as default I experienced the same problem there. Now I have tried 1.5 for a couple of days and that seems to work. 

How do we get this solved "for real" and not just using this workaround? Can your register some bug for future releases?

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

I did, tested all of them. Same problem.

Learner
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I agree. When I used 1.4 or 1.5 the problem was less frequent but after some day it came back.

Recieved a android update yesterday from Sony so now I'm testing with 1.6 again. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Exactly the same problem here. Loses connectivity daily and sometimes more often. Means constantly having to restart the phone. Extremely frustrating.