account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Blue light filter ?

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Blue light filter ?

Is there an option for blue light filter ? I remember that this feature should be found on Android N.Because I could not find on my phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

Re: Blue light filter ?

Hello everyone and thank you all for your questions regarding night mode / blue light filter.

There are currently no plans on adding a night mode/light to Xperia devices. It is, however, possible to use a third party application to achieve a night mode/light effect.

I will make sure to forward all your feedback internally regarding this as I can see how this can be a very useful feature to have in our devices. Do note that I can't make any promises that this will be implemented later on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

26 REPLIES 26
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

No answers ? Slightly frowning Face Still can't find any option for blue light filter

Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

the blue light filter (known as Night Light night mode, if I remember correctly) used to be available in Android 7.0 and 7.1.1 by doing some adb tricks, but Google disabled it in Android 7.1.2. I'm afraid you'll have to use a third party app like Twilight.

Sony Xperia Developer
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

@SPeaky I was going to ask if you meant the "white balance" settings we have, but seeing the answer from @najodleglejszy I guess the "night light" feature was what you meant. 

Yes, unfortunately this feature is not available in settings as of now. If there's enough demand it may be possible to add it for later releases.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Yes that's what I meant.Obviously this made me very sad because I think this is a small but really useful feature.I thought that it would be on this phone too when I saw it on the other flagship phones which are using Android 7.

Thank you both Slightly smiling Face

Pioneer
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Actually I'm quite surprised it's not available. At the time Google released it on Pixels I vaguely remember them mentioning some hardware requirement and that all new phones should comply with that without problems. 

But I haven't followed up, so things might have changed. 

Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

@schetz you're right, that rings a bell... I'm actually not sure about whether Pixel itself has still got night mode on 7.1.2 and can't find anything about it on Google.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

On almost every other flagships running with Android N,there is that feature but there is no on XZP.(also like dt2w) Actually that's why I can not understand 

Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

@SPeaky the thing is, do those other flagships run Nougat 7.0, 7.1.1 or 7.1.2? the feature used to be available in 7.0 and 7.1.1. I'm not sure if Pixel or any other phone running retail 7.1.2 version still have it.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

Actually none of them is running with 7.1.2 as far as I know.(G6,S8,U11).But except U11's UI,their UIs are vastly modified so that won't be surprizing that if they'll have that feature.