account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Blue light filter ?

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Blue light filter ?

Actually there is  a way to get back the night light funktion in the system settings.

someone on reddit created a how-to. works on the current xzp build.

Screenshot_20180722-221010.png

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

My Huawei P9 lite and P10 have it, but my New Sony XZ1 compact dont . . .. had I known, i would not have bought it . .. We All know that this blue light is dangerous....... So why not Sony ?? Dont get it. ..... 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

Hi @Eluminx,

I don't know why it's not available in the Xperia XZ1-series or Xperia XZ Premium,  it is however available in the Xperia XZ2-series and Xperia XZ3.

There may be applications available in the Google Play store that adds a blue light/night mode, but I haven't tried one myself, so I can't give you any tips, but you can always try and search for "blue light, or night mode" and see if there are any good applications that can help you with this.

I'll always make sure to forward your feedback! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

In Xperia Actions I think only allows you to dim during certain times.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz1compact/userguide/xperia-actions/#gref

I've use to use the app Night Shift in the Google Play store to do take out blue light.

The other option is to try other Xperia Action apks

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sony-mobile-communications/xperia-actions/xperia-actions-2-0-a-0-12-re...

Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

Very disappointing, Sony... please make every effort to make it happen in next update!

Should be a standard feature in all devices, even Microsoft has enabled it for Office. I have it on all the time/by default. 

Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

Could the Sony person confirm this would an appropriate way to enable it? I don't want to upload a dodgy app that hasn't been tested, and can't find any comment on this link to Xperia Actions App... 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

Hi @HattieLovesSalsa, I understand that this is a very neat feature and can be very helpful, however it's not available in the Xperia XZ Premium.

I have not used an application that will add this kind of effect myself, so I can't recommend any specific application, but it's always recommended to check the reviews that other users has left for a certain application, and I also very often check how many downloads an application has, as this will tell me if a lot of users are using it and there is in most cases, a higher chance that the application is working correctly, but also that it's updated frequently.

If you search for "Blue light filter" or similar in the Google Play store, there should be a couple of applications to choose from.

Let us know if you find an application that you really like! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.