account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Blue light filter ?

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Blue light filter ?

A quick googleing shows that : 

Pixel indeed has Night Light on 7.1

HTC U11 comes with 7.1 and has Night Mode/Light

I believe it was around October since it was announced that Nexus lineup won't receive Night Light due to HW requirements. If we take into calculation that a lot of users welcomed the feature , that it was available on lot of phones on 7.0, and that there was (hopefully) enough time to implement it, honestly , I would blindly guess that any new flagship phone will come with the feature. 

And I'd be wrong. Slightly smiling Face

On the other hand I'm fairly confident that Sony can pull it off with a future update.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

Even there's no more in 7.1.2,all flagship phones coming with it because all manufacturers implement it

LG - Comfort view

Samsung - Blue light filter

Asus - Bluelight filter or reading mode(depending on models) 

Xiaomi - Reading mode and Lenovo - Comfort Mode

WHY ONLY SONY HASN'T IT WHY

Learner
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

Hmm.. Such a shame there is no filter. I also checked all the settings. Couldn't find it so Googled it and here I am. Hope they will implement it in the nearby future.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

Hello everyone and thank you all for your questions regarding night mode / blue light filter.

There are currently no plans on adding a night mode/light to Xperia devices. It is, however, possible to use a third party application to achieve a night mode/light effect.

I will make sure to forward all your feedback internally regarding this as I can see how this can be a very useful feature to have in our devices. Do note that I can't make any promises that this will be implemented later on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

@Jonas This is scandalous!

A default feature of Android 8 is disabled.

Why do we have to use buggy third party software on a flagship model?

Just turn this feature on!

Doesn't Sony care about users health?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side

Learner
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

The blue light filters do not hold their place on this crappy phone. I've tried everyone and after about 20mins they switch off. This is the worst phone I've ever bought and I will never buy Sony again. 

Commissioner
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

NougateScreenshot_20180408-051351.png

Oreo

Screenshot_20180408-045813.png

They took out Blue Light out of Assist: Good Night Mode in Oreo.

I think they way to solve this is to just make Blue light a quick icon. Help the consistency when it is activated. 

Supposedly ita back for the Xperia XZ2 as "Night Light" in settings.  I haven't yet found this setting on the Xperia XZ Premium yet.
CaptureNightLight.PNG

https://www.slashgear.com/xperia-xz2-gets-a-night-light-feature-after-all-07522581/

https://www.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-xz2-night-light-one-handed-mode/

Learner
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

Simply put this phone is bad

Regular
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

The custormer servie of Sony phone is horrible. It always ignores customers'  feedback.

@Shmit_phone
Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

@sibojan, sorry to hear that you feel this way and I apologize for my late reply, I have been out of office due to vacation.

Feedback is always very important for us and I have already forwarded the feedback internally regarding night light / blue light filter. Do note that I can't make any promises though.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.