account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Best firmware region for update

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Best firmware region for update

Hello there. Does anyone knows the best firmware region for the xz premium which we get the latest updates directly?  

On the Xperia xz it is Russia ftf.  There you get the update on the fastes way. 

Here in Germany you have to wait about 2 weeks. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Best firmware region for update

I think it's hard to tell yet, as there have only been 2 uodates released so far.
Adviser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Not sure. But if i talk about my region i am getting updates quickly. I live in Turkey. For example today i get the new firmware update but there is no any news or topics about the new firmware around here or other sites, 2-3 days later i can see on internet people starts topics about the new firmware update. So i mean i get updates really fast. But before download it, usually i wait to see what's people like or what's people complains about the new firmware.

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@fetch93

I would say go with the global generic.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@uliwooly wrote:

@fetch93

I would say go with the global generic.

I just checked XperiCheck which lists all firmware versions available to download, and there's no global version, just customized region ones.

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@najodleglejszy

thanks for the heads up 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)