account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battey charging

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Battey charging

Why does my battery charge so slow when it reaches 80% onwards. My battery care function is off and also i have a fast charger original one.  But still the last 20 % charges so slow. First 80% happens like in one hour and then it takes another hour to do the last 20%???? Why plz fix this issue 

4 REPLIES 4
Pioneer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Battey charging

the slow charging after 80% has nothing to do with the battery care function. Battery Care only regulates the charging times and not the speed. Charging speed is restrictet by the kernel. It´s normal that it charges slow after 80%

Adviser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Then why is it called fast charging if it doesnt even charge fast. It takes 2.5 hours charging with fast charger and if i just get a Normal charger itll go to 100% in like 2 hours. Why cant sony  just keep a constant speed all the way to 100% instead of just going to 80%.???  I dont understand. Sony is becoming crapper day by day

Pioneer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Kingkaka,

According to my partner, whom just bought the new Xperia XZ1, her smartphone said something about "learning her usage patterns"... Or she read it in the manual somewhere (can't remember which it was).

Anyway, she was saying that her new Xperia XZ1 will "learn" when she usually puts it on charge, then adjusts the amount of charge going into the smartphone so that theoretically, it will be fully charged when she pulls it off the charger before bed.

I wonder if that is what is happening here?

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Kingkakano matter what phone manufacturer you go with (Sony, Samsung, Huawei, any other OEM), Quick Charge function only works until certain point (usually around 80%). that's done in order to not damage the battery.