account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery not charging or charges extremely slowly!

Highlighted
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Battery not charging or charges extremely slowly!

Okay had this problem for about a week now seems to be getting gradually worse, i plug my official Sony Fast charging kit into my phone, I either recognise its plugged in (which seems delayed also like 2secs) or it doesn't recognise it at all. When it does recognise it 80% of time it doesn't charge at normal rate, its extremely slow ive downloaded a amp measuring app i know they're arent completely accurate but its not even close to what power its supposed to be pushing out. Also ive tried different charging appliances all with the same outcome/problem ive restarted powered off and did the power button volume key solution all to no avail, the cables and charging port do not seem loose or slack. Ive only had the device since August 2018 

2 REPLIES 2
Adviser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Battery not charging or charges extremely slowly!

Hi,

Have you tried with a different charger and/or usb Cable and different power socket as well? The original sony charger (not fast charging) is slower as well? Do you have a cover and if yes is it original sony cover or compatible? Witch model? Have you dropped the phone when plugged in or stressed the power plug in any way?

Just trying to understand but it seems a hardware problem that need to be repaired in a sony assistance center.

Emperor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Battery not charging or charges extremely slowly!

@Jammydodgerjj 

I agree with @Justluk  it is time to contact your Local support  <<<<

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)