account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps update

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Apps update

Hi, after the latest update I'm having issues with the Play Store, the apps don't update anymore, it just says "download pending" and stays like that forever. Any solution to this? I already tried restarting the phone and clearing the cache of the Play Store but nothing, keeps giving the same error.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Re: Apps update

@Negative1

Try Force Stop and Clear Data (not cache) on Google Play app, then restart your phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

6 REPLIES
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@Negative1

Are you trying to update over WiFi or data?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I tried both, same result with either one. 

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Negative1

Try Force Stop and Clear Data (not cache) on Google Play app, then restart your phone.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

As well as @Questers suggestion, you can also try removing the Google account, and then adding it again.

That can sometimes fix issues with Google play services

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thanks! This worked. Any idea as to why this happens? It would be quite annoying having to do this every time the apps need an update. 

Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@Negative1

Can't know the exact reason, but you mentioned it's after the update (which I assume it's the cookie upgrade to Pie). So I don't think it will be happening frequently.