account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Any news on touchscreen problems?

Regular
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Any news on touchscreen problems?

More and more people are reporting problems with their touch screen accuracy while typing, but none of it is being addressed. Since the Oreo update I really haven't had any problems except the touch screen responsivity and accuracy.

Is there any info on what's causing it and will it be fixed with a software update? If not, I'm thinking of replacing the XZP for some other phone.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Android 8, HT HR
10 REPLIES 10
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Any news on touchscreen problems?

After Android 8.0.0 update I have the same problem. Software repair with XPERIA Companion didn't help.

Pioneer
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Same Here. Nothing changed after Oreo Update. Right now, the issue is acceptable, since i have No other Problems. I'll wait until it totaly messed up before i send it totaly the repair service

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I am wondering about it as well.

Those who had issue with the touchscreen, have it been solved? 

If you did, please tell us whether you sent it to service center or did you just did a software repair?

Did it actually work? 

The XZP is a very good phone, but this issue is making it annoying to use...

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

id also like to know if there is any update to this problem. the random misses with the touch screen are very annoying, i recently bought this phone and everything is impressive except this touch screen issue

Regular
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Can a Sony employee formally acknowledge the touchscreen issues?

This is unbelievable! 6 months after the phone is released and with multiple reports of the touchscreen being unresponsive, laggy, unreliable and inaccurate, no word from Sony officials or forum moderators whatsoever!

What needs to happen for you all to take note of an ongoing, serious problem with a phone that at one point costed $700?

Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Android 8, HT HR
Apprentice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Re: Can a Sony employee formally acknowledge the touchscreen issues?

Is there really a touchscreen issue? I was thinking it could be my tempered glass (a cheap one) that I'm sometimes getting unresponsiveness in my games. 

Apprentice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: Can a Sony employee formally acknowledge the touchscreen issues?

Maybe it's just your phone. 

My touch screen is working perfectly. 

Take your phone back to where you bought it from and they should be able to get you an exchange. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Typing mismatches are very annoying. Really. My company phone is an iPhone SE, where the keyboard is by far smaller, still the typing accuracy is by far better. Not so long ago phones used to have screen calibration options fur such purposes...might work on the Xperia XZ Premium as well... I guess not all the people position their fingers 100% horizontally on each key-strike, and so the phone should be capable to handle this... Or, as it is a smartphone, learn from the corrections / retypes... 

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi, any news on this?
Are there any scree touch calibration in settings?
Or can you recommend a keyboard app that has calibration option?