account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Oreo Adaptive brightness bug

Regular
Message 81 of 103
Message 81 of 103

Re: Android Oreo Adaptive brightness bug

g8141 single sim. Confirm this bug. 

One time poster
Message 82 of 103
Message 82 of 103

Not sure if I'm on Oreo, mine just started going to max brightness everywhere except the brightness control screen. On the screen control menu it displays the correct settings. Totally useless. Everywhere else it's like my phone is constantly trying to go supernova. It's worse that the Kindle phone app....!

I'm all for crowd testing and beta testing but if that's what you want we're going to need to be compensated with either free tech or, you know, actual money. 

Rookie
Message 83 of 103
Message 83 of 103

Single sim, europe version. I can confirm the bug, especially on low light situations. It changes quickly. 

Apprentice
Message 84 of 103
Message 84 of 103

Same issue here on my Xperia X Compact updated to Oreo. Adaptive brightness is now too sensitive and too reactive, especially in low light conditions. Have to switch it off every evening. This is the major issue for me with this update. Really, Sony, why change things that ALREADY work well?

Learner
Message 85 of 103
Message 85 of 103

[Update] 

An auto brightness seem to work better now on build 47.1.a.12.75. It's usable but not perfect yet. 

Learner
Message 86 of 103
Message 86 of 103

I've found a great workaround...

Trade in your Sony and get a Samsung Grinning Face

I've been a lifelong Sony fan, but for the lack of a new tablet in the market I've just bought a Galaxy Tab S3, and I'll be changing my phone to Samsung too when the contract is up.

Not impressed by a whole raft of Sony faults of late...

Apprentice
Message 87 of 103
Message 87 of 103

@Kennytorowrote:

I've found a great workaround...

Trade in your Sony and get a Samsung Grinning Face

That's an old trick. I heard some thing called iPhone fixes this too. But then people look for another workarounds...

Apprentice
Message 88 of 103
Message 88 of 103

Re: Adaptive brightness is still too sensitive after updated to 47.1.A.5.51.

Problem I have is the adaptive brightness or something else turns the set base line brightness down to minimal so that it is never bright enough .I have to turn brightness up manually every day and when moving to bright conditions as its reduced it back to zero 

Visitor
Message 89 of 103
Message 89 of 103

Adaptive display brightness to sensitive

What is sony doing about this adaptive display. Low light the screen never settles and its not a slow change. Flickering makes screen impossible to use. 

Regular
Message 90 of 103
Message 90 of 103

Re: Adaptive display brightness to sensitive

Confirm This issuse 
When My Phone In Pocket And Some One Call Me I Have To wait Like 10 sec untill sensor Up The Display Bright !!