account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 9 problems with Bluetooth

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 21 of 25
Message 21 of 25

Re: Android 9 problems with Bluetooth

@Justluk wrote:

Have u test if another Bluetooth device can send files to your laptop? Maybe the problem is in your laptop, like a firewall blocking the connection, check out and let me know

Hi, Yes my $40 cheap phone connects without an issue to both old and new laptops.Cheers

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 22 of 25
Message 22 of 25

I have a different phone (pixel 2) with the similar issues. Still very unreliable android 9 BT implementation. What works for me is to change bluetooth AVRCP protocol version In developers settings and restart the phone. No matter the version, in seems like the change sitelf clears some garbage. Then everything connects for a while. But you have to change it occassionaly to fix it. Total shame on google developers to produce such.

Talent
Message 23 of 25
Message 23 of 25

Thx so much Strampke. I have same problem and this was solution for me

One time poster
Message 24 of 25
Message 24 of 25

This works! Fantastic.. thanks.

Inhabitant
Message 25 of 25
Message 25 of 25

Fixed the issue for me as well, Phone wouldn't find new devices before this.

Thank you so much!