account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 9 problems with Bluetooth

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Android 9 problems with Bluetooth

After the update to Android 9 i have been problems with Bluetooth devices. Some aren't found, others found but with no success with pairing. I can't use my Bluetooth, please fix that!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

Re: Android 9 problems with Bluetooth

I have a different phone (pixel 2) with the similar issues. Still very unreliable android 9 BT implementation. What works for me is to change bluetooth AVRCP protocol version In developers settings and restart the phone. No matter the version, in seems like the change sitelf clears some garbage. Then everything connects for a while. But you have to change it occassionaly to fix it. Total shame on google developers to produce such.

26 REPLIES 26
Pioneer
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Try this

Goto settings → apps & notifications → tap app info → tap 3 dots upper right corner → tap show system → scroll to Bluetooth → tap Bluetooth → tap Storage → Tap Clear Cache & Clear data

Restart device and report back if it helped you solve your problem.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Learner
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Hello strampke, i followed the steps and It not work. I really think that the problem is the Android Pie, until the devices that were paired before the update are not working.

Do you have another suggestion??

Thank you in advanced.  

Learner
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

@Olivatto wrote:

Hello strampke, i followed the steps and It not work. I really think that the problem is the Android Pie, until the devices that were paired before the update are not working.

Do you have another suggestion??

Thank you in advanced.  

I do not think that the problem is with Android Pie. I updated successfully when it was released and I have had no problems with Bluetooth ... or any other things on my phone. It is running smoothly and there have been no problems.

One time poster
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

I'm have Bluetooth connectivity problems after last update as well.

Visitor
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Same problem over here...  Bluetooth is useless...  Can't connect to BT devices. None of them.  Can't connect via nfc neither.. 

So bad sony!   

I need a solution soon!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

Same problem here . Any solution?

Learner
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

Nothing yet. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Me as well, after 9.0 i cant play music through my onkyo receiver which was never an issue before. It pairs, picks up the phone, XZ Premium , but no sound coming through receiver. Did not have any issues before pie update.... Please sony advise. 

Talent
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

There was several bluetooth options in developer menu. DId you guys check it out?