account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 81 of 84
Message 81 of 84

Re: Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

Is there any fix for this? I'm not really looking into Q solving this as XZP, XZ1 etc that launched with Nougat would have low chance on getting 3 major OS updates, but well I guess mine isn't that prevalent yet. In fact, I just noticed the existence of this problem today.

I watched a 2 hours movie with the front stereo surround enabled and had a very immersive time in fact.

Build 47.2.A.10.80

Now I need to check more whether mine is afflicted or not

One time poster
Message 82 of 84
Message 82 of 84

Just got the update a few days ago and it has messed up my loud speaker so can't video chat with my grandkids anymore which i do daily they can't hear me why are you still rolling out this update when it is broken as soon as you knew it was broken you should have stopped the update until you were sure it was fixed its not rocket science just stop the update what a joke now my phone is broke thank you very much sony

One time poster
Message 83 of 84
Message 83 of 84

I have been using Sony XZ Premium for almost 2 years now.

Bottom speaker is really low when playing music. I tried safe mode it's the same.

Also when I put the phone on speaker during a call, only bottom speaker works and it's volume is very low I can't hear anything. 

Isn't there a solution for this?

Learner
Message 84 of 84
Message 84 of 84

Hi everyone 

Experiencing the exact same issue, and have also tried all the recommendations mentioned, however while playing around, at one point I covered the light sensor at the top, and applied some pressure, suddenly the sound returned to the speaker at the bottom, but soon as I released pressure it disappeared again. Very strange, could the light sensor somehow dim the sound of the speaker? Anyone else able to recreate the problem? Or could the be a hardware issue on my side?

Looking forward to sony solving the problem, big fan here, everything from car audio, console, phone etc is sony, will be a disappointment if they do not resolve this.