account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 71 of 78
Message 71 of 78

Re: Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

for one day and then it came back again

Enthusiast
Message 72 of 78
Message 72 of 78

10.45  Still got these bug.. 

Commissioner
Message 73 of 78
Message 73 of 78

@Avril wrote:

10.45  Still got these bug.. 

Can anyone try going back to Oreo and see there is same problem or not. .just to confirm its related to pie. 

Adviser
Message 74 of 78
Message 74 of 78

It is linked with the Pie update. I play the game mc5 very frequently and there is an obvious change in speaker quality after my recent pie update. The volume is low and sounds like many white noise in the background (just poor in general). This is mostly/wholely attributed to the bottom speaker. You can hear the obvious difference by playing a song and covering each speaker respectively...the bottom speaker is quieter, flat and with lots of white noise.

My aunt has the same phone and the same software version. Both her speakers however are excellent with no problem.

My sister also has the same phone...luckily she hasnt update her phone for a year...i already warned her not to. 

Like I said, this is my third phone, and the previous two are also from sony (zl and z5 compact). Many of my family members have also used multiple sony phones. But this pie update gave me lots of problems, its time to move on.

For everyone reading this...stay away from sony.

Adviser
Message 75 of 78
Message 75 of 78

@khpy1azn wrote:

It is linked with the Pie update. I play the game mc5 very frequently and there is an obvious change in speaker quality after my recent pie update. The volume is low and sounds like many white noise in the background (just poor in general). This is mostly/wholely attributed to the bottom speaker. You can hear the obvious difference by playing a song and covering each speaker respectively...the bottom speaker is quieter, flat and with lots of white noise.

My aunt has the same phone and the same software version. Both her speakers however are excellent with no problem.

My sister also has the same phone...luckily she hasnt update her phone for a year...i already warned her not to. 

Like I said, this is my third phone, and the previous two are also from sony (zl and z5 compact). Many of my family members have also used multiple sony phones. But this pie update gave me lots of problems, its time to move on.

For everyone reading this...stay away from sony.

I just tested my aunts speakers once again....she also has the bottom speaker problem! The reason i said she doesnt have this problem is because when her two speakers play at the same time, the volume is loud and sound is good (two speakers combined, that is). But when you cover the top...the difference is clear (white noise on bottom speaker). My phone is not as lucky...the sound is terrible (low volume, squeaky sound with white noise) even when two speakers work together. Thats why i said her phone has no problem because i was comparing her problem with my problem which is much worse (i did not cover her speakers one by one when i tested it previously).

Adviser
Message 76 of 78
Message 76 of 78

Ok my sister,s xzp is still on oreo so I asked her to test her speakers (she moved oversea few months ago). She said both her speakers sound the same (equally bad she says haha...wait until she hears my speakers after the update). I guess that confirms it...the Pie update (or the updating process) destroyed our speakers...but to different extent for different people.

Enthusiast
Message 77 of 78
Message 77 of 78

8.0 not having this issues...   

Commissioner
Message 78 of 78
Message 78 of 78

@Avril wrote:

8.0 not having this issues...   

If problem still exists despite all the solutions, then there is nothing can be done here.. the only solution is Sony should try with next android Q to see all pie issues can be fixed. All current problems are I think it's all attributed to pie sources that Sony can't do anything more but I hope Sony is working to avoid major issues and concentrate on updates mainstay devices which includes xz premium and XZ1 so far.