account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 41 of 84
Message 41 of 84

Re: Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

You say about upgrading to a newer software but their isn't one and no talk of one pie 9 has screwed up my phone will never buy a Sony phoned again, first and last handset 

Apprentice
Message 42 of 84
Message 42 of 84

Yes I feel the same. Xperia Support just re-release the old 8 program and when you've ironed out the bugs with 9 then release it to the masses.. I'm sure this is possible.. Get the techs to do their job completely instead of what we currently have

Sony Xperia Support
Message 43 of 84
Message 43 of 84

@mohammadtms, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

If you take a look at my previous post in this thread, this will be resolved in a coming software update.

@Gus6, I'm glad to hear that you now have a notification tone for incoming text messages again! Regarding the speaker, you will have to wait for the update that contains the fix for this behaviour.

For the other behaviour you are experiencing, I have moved that post to a different thread. Just so we keep the discussion about the speaker behaviour here and the rest in other threads.

@DAN3MK, updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.

I hope that it will be available as soon as possible of course, but I can't give you an exact date.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 44 of 84
Message 44 of 84

I recievied a update yesterday phone isn't freezing as much but my volume down button isn't working. Pie 9 is a curse 

Regular
Message 45 of 84
Message 45 of 84

Same... Update but not working at all.. 

Visitor
Message 46 of 84
Message 46 of 84

This has been an issue since november -18, why is this taking so long?

You need to fix this NOW or give us our money back, so we can go buy a phone that works!

And why do you write solved on this issue, it's NOT solved yet.

STOP releasing updates that's not properly tested!!!

Apprentice
Message 47 of 84
Message 47 of 84

Not sure if my problems have resolved as yet. How are you the others doing .. Has it improved for you..? 

Regular
Message 48 of 84
Message 48 of 84

Nope..  

@Gus6 wrote:

Not sure if my problems have resolved as yet. How are you the others doing .. Has it improved for you..? 

One time poster
Message 49 of 84
Message 49 of 84

You might not be able to give us a date because of regional differences, but can you give us a version the fix will be available in?

I have just upgraded to 47.2.A.6.30 and I still have problems with speakerphone. So which version can I expect to have the fix?

Actually I am not sure if I have the same issue as everyone else, although it sounds similar enough that I think it is the same.

Speakerphone doesn't work in any phone application I am using (native dialer, skype, whatsapp, etc... ). I can make calls with the audio in handset mode and listen to music through the top speaker, but I don't seem to be able to get any application to provide sound through the lower speaker. Is that the same as everyone else (and the issue that is being fixed @Jonas?)?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 50 of 84
Message 50 of 84

@Glennj, I'm not involved in the troubleshooting/fixing process, so I can't answer why it's taking some time to resolve this, but I hope that it can be resolved as soon as possible of course.

The reason why I accepted my post as a solution is because it includes the latest information that I have regarding this behaviour. I understand that it's frustrating that the solution does not say that it has been fixed but you also have to keep in mind that not everyone gets updates at the same time, so it can be resolved for one user that has received the update, but not for another user that has not yet received the update.

@bobalucci, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

I don't have the exact version number for the SW that will include the fix, but I really do hope that it's included in the next one (after .30).

Regarding the behaviour you are experiencing, it seems a bit different from the other users as your loud speaker does not seem to work at all and the other users experience that the sound is lower/poor after the update.

Is there any sound coming from the loudspeaker if you do the test that you can find in Settings > Support > Xperia tests > Loudspeaker?

Thank you!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.