account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 51 of 78
Message 51 of 78

Re: Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

I see you're posting here and we need an update and that's right we do I let we can go  back to android 8 there's no solution so where is it place we need something now lime a fix update at the very least this Pie is not suitable for these Sony phones and im shocked that it's been sent throughout this tbh I'd appreciate your help as to when and where to get an update Sony must be able to do something !!!!!!!!

Inhabitant
Message 52 of 78
Message 52 of 78

Hi yes I see your post here and we do need an update and we need it now to fix these issues . Sony must be able to do something and we need an update/ fix at the very least.  Please tell me when this is or where to get it as I don't see any messages from Sony about it anywhere ?!!!!!!!

Inhabitant
Message 53 of 78
Message 53 of 78

The microphone isn't turned on when  the sound disappears obviously that's the first thing you'd check during a call and considering I mostly use speakerphone anyway due to physical difficulties I'd notice that straight away and it's definitely not that .

One time poster
Message 54 of 78
Message 54 of 78

When I test the loundspeaker in Xperia Support, I hear all the sound coming from the top speaker, not the bottom one. When I test the earpiece, still the sound comes from top speaker, just with lower volume. In any case, I always hear the test sound coming only from top speaker. If I use 3rd sound test app and test the bottom speaker alone, it is muted, 0 sound. Is my problem hardware or software related?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 55 of 78
Message 55 of 78

Hi @eaglegrip,

Yes there is an update coming that will resolve the unexpected behaviour with the loudspeaker, that is correct and that is what this post is about.

In addition to the behaviour you are experiencing, could you please try and see if it's the same with a headset?

Thanks.

@KH95, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

As far as I know regarding this behaviour that this thread is about, it should still play the sound in the loudspeaker, just that it's lower than in Android 8.0. In your case, there is no sound at all from the loudspeaker, is that correct? What is the result of the loudspeaker test in the Support application?

Settings > Support > Xperia tests > Loudspeaker.

Keep me posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 56 of 78
Message 56 of 78

Hi Jonas , good...only I hope with the update that it's not only going to cover the sound issue as there are other important issues also . Is it going to fix the battery issue and the display issues as well as it's virtually impossible to see your tabs properly with the whited out display which can't be changed and themes don't work properly etc etc ?? 

Inhabitant
Message 57 of 78
Message 57 of 78

And as mentioned earlier where I listed isses I'm having , my phone is the Xz1 not the compact so is Sonys fix gone  to fix all Sony phones having issues after the pie update please ?

Regular
Message 58 of 78
Message 58 of 78

Nope. . Still same. .. Sony...hellooo...

One time poster
Message 59 of 78
Message 59 of 78

sound problem still exists the bottom speaker is not working
please fix this it is very annoying

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 60 of 78
Message 60 of 78

Just applied the new update and sound issue is stilk there grrrrr