account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 31 of 78
Message 31 of 78

Re: Bad speakers

Hi @JosipNovak ;

If you are experiencing this after update to Android Pie it is a known issue and it will be solved in a future update. Read this thread: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Android-9-Pie-Sound-Issue/m-p/1351546#M15491

Inhabitant
Message 32 of 78
Message 32 of 78

Re: Android 9 Pie Sound Issue

My sound has deteriorated too whether media or in a call. I'm also having a serious issue with sound during calls, it keeps going completely silent during calls and the other person cannot hear me at all and have to end call to get sound back. This is totally unacceptable urgently need Sony to fix this software issue !!! If this was an iPhone there would be acknowledgement and a fix to come asp!!! Helloooo, SoOOOnnny!!!

Regular
Message 33 of 78
Message 33 of 78

Same as me.. So sad. .Sony please. . Do something....😠

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 34 of 78
Message 34 of 78

Having same problems and my notification sound for messages 

Learner
Message 35 of 78
Message 35 of 78

This is absolutely ridiculous. After updating to Andoid 9 Pie the unit is useless as a phone.

And you know what?

IT IS A PHONE, I NEED IT TO PHONE.

If I want a Walkman, I buy a Walkman or an MP3-Player.

Make it work or give me my money back! And do it immediately!

Regular
Message 36 of 78
Message 36 of 78

I found a temporary fix for this issue,let Your battery discharge until the phone shuts down and when You turn it on the sound is back!

The only downside is that if You restart or shut down the phone the issue will be back until you discharge it completely again.

Hope this helps, good luck!

TD
Sony Xperia Support
Message 37 of 78
Message 37 of 78

Hello everyone!

@eaglegrip, regarding the sound, please see the post that I have marked as a solution in this thread.

Regarding the sound that disappears during calls, please make sure that you have not accidently muted the microphone (take the phone away from your ear and the screen will light up and you can check if the icon for muting the microphone is activated or not).

@ryna80, this will be fixed in a coming update, as you can read about in the post that I made in this thread. You can also take a look at the post that @N0MAD made and see if that helps, until the update is available for you.

@Sonator, please take a look at the post I made in this thread.

@Gus6, as you can see in my first post in this thread, there will be an update that resolved this.

Regarding the audio notification not being available for when you receive text messages, if you go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Messages > Notifications, does it say "on" here, or is it turned off? Make sure that the check box next to all the other categories are also marked. Should you use your own notification tone, try changing to one of the pre-installed ones.

Keep me posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 38 of 78
Message 38 of 78

Screenshot_20190211-161000.png

i have the latest update in my smartphone but the bottom speaker has too low sound yet.Will this problem be solved in the upcoming update?

Apprentice
Message 39 of 78
Message 39 of 78

Hi Jonas. Yes in fact the message notification was off. I don't know why....? It was working before the 9 update.. Anyway thanks again.

But the other two problems are still persisting. And I ve

Apprentice
Message 40 of 78
Message 40 of 78

And I'm now experiencing bad internet speeds  Really slow .... Really annoying.. Surprising since I don't visit bad sites.... Any suggestions...